The master controller is working with no issue. The slave controller is having severe video transmission issues when the drone is 200-300 ft away, rendering the slave controller useless.
There are several likely issues that may cause this.
- Frequency congestion: is one or both display devices transmitting on Wi-Fi or LTE? If so, try setting both on “Airplane mode”. Is there a public safety vehicle broadcasting Wi-Fi? If so, move both controllers away.
- Frequency and Attenuation: how close is the slave controller in relation to the master controller. For optimum performance both devices should be no closer than 12’ or 3.5 meters.
- Antenna placement: Are antennas raised to a 45° angle (to start) and then try 90°
- Obstacles: are there people (observers) standing close to or between both Master & Slave Units?
- Image Transmission Settings: Verify and if necessary, manually select a less congested channel