As a Remote Pilot what ongoing requirements must be met in order to continue using your FAA Remote Pilot Certificate?
The FAA requires a Remote Pilot to complete and pass a recurrent knowledge test every 24 calendar months. Once you have passed the test, there is no need to register or start a new application with IACRA. You simply need to be able to show your recurrent knowledge test report if asked. For more information on this please see the FAA website, Renewing Your Certificate section.
The recurrent knowledge test consists of 40 questions and is given over an 80 minute time slot. According to FAA Section 107.73 the following topics are covered:
(1) Applicable regulations relating to small unmanned aircraft system rating privileges, limitations, and flight operation;
(2) Airspace classification and operating requirements and flight restrictions affecting small unmanned aircraft operation;
(3) Emergency procedures;
(4) Crew resource management;
(5) Aeronautical decision-making and judgment;
(6) Airport operations; and
(7) Maintenance and preflight inspection procedures.